Friday, April 5, 2013

Patiently Waiting

Patiently waiting
for love's arrival.
The longing aches,
burning slowly.
Though the expectation of my wanting excites me,
it's love's absence that makes my soul dull.
Why does it tarry?
Is it strolling along,
frollicking amongst other lovers?
Or does it run,
racing with rage,
hearing my heart's beat calling with it's every step?
The emptiness I feel is deep,
cutting down to the very marrow of my existence.
And only love will fill it's void.
There's no sufficient substitute,
for it's luster
will be only ephemeral.
Will love make it's home
in this house of solitude?
Will the cries of my longing for love
be drowned by the sound of its
knocking at my spirit's door?
Patiently, I'm waiting
for love to make it's grand entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment